Services & Information
Great Wakering Parish Plan
A steering group has been established to work with the residents of Great Wakering with a view to producing a Parish Plan. A separate website has been developed which is dedicated to this plan and can be viewed here.
Why do we need a Parish Plan?
A Parish Plan is a good way to set out what people think about the area they live in - what's good, what's bad and what needs to be changed to make it great place to live. Creating a Parish Plan is a step towards making sure that your community is one where everyone enjoys a good quality of life - and that you and your children will continue to enjoy into the future. A Parish Plan provides a structure that will:
- Reflect the views of all sections of the community
- Identify features and local characteristics that people value
- Identify local needs and opportunities
- Set out a vision of how people want their community to develop and improve both in the present and the future
- Include an action plan to achieve this vision
Over the next few months the steering group will be asking you for your views on how they can improve and protect our village. This will be achieved via a series of questionnaires and public meetings. Using the information gathered, they will be developing a Parish Plan.
In order to find out more or follow the progress of the steering group please visit the Parish Plan website.